Saturday, February 1, 2020

Habit 2 Check In




"You never fail until you stop trying." 
- Albert Einstein

This week has gotten away from me a bit and I didn't put Habit #2 into practice as planned. I continued to complete the brain dumps in the morning, however, time was short and they weren't as complete as they should have been. Truth: the gratitude practice was forgotten...

There is a board game that we acquired as a family called Happy Little Accidents, based on Bob Ross and his happy trees and clouds. It is a fantastic family game night experience. All three of my kids could play and have fun, which is a big deal with the age gap between the  4 and 11-years-old. 
The premise of the game is to create a beautiful picture from a squiggle (AKA: a mistake). The morale being, of course, to not be deterred by mistakes, but to move on from them and keep trying to make something beautiful. 

Today's take away:
         #1: Happy Little Accidents is a fabulous board game you should go out and play for yourself!
         #2: I'll keep trying to apply Habit 2 into my day before we move on to Habit 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment