Saturday, February 15, 2020

Habit 3 Check-In

Image result for when i exercise i wear all black


Oh man, time. 
It's always the catch. 
Trying to find the space in my day to exercise is ridiculously tricky. I've been doing my best to find time to take a "lunch" break at work. I'll grab my book and head down to the gym to walk for a bit on the treadmill. True, I'm not working up a sweat, but it has felt nice to get moving. 

The real breakthrough came this week after doing some research. I found a way to sneak in some movement and hang with the family, especially the kids. Last Monday, we purchased Ring Fit Adventure for the Wii Switch and it's caused some changes in the house. The kids are actually enjoying things like squats and lunges. Sure they're staring at a screen while an avatar is running gazelle like through fields, but they're still moving!

It's become a new family bonding. We are all vying to hold the record for the various solo exercises and mini-games. It has started to get down right competitive!

I don't know if it's the endorphin release, the goofy time with the kids, or the mandatory "Victory Pose" at the end of each round, but the fit game does make me feel pretty happy.



My middle munchkin's victory pose.



No comments:

Post a Comment